7amleh's achievements in the first half of 2019.
During the past six months, 7amleh has continued to work to protect Palestinian digital rights. This has included monitoring hate speech online, researching the impact of practices and policies on Palestinian digital rights and advocating for Palestinians right to privacy, right to freedom of expression and right to access economic markets at local and international forums. 7amleh has also continued to provide Palestinians with gender sensitive digital security trainings, digital storytelling workshops and opportunities to improve their campaigning skills. Thank you to our partners, advisors and volunteers for their support of our work.
Save the Date
November 5 - 6 2019 - Digital Security Conference
March 23 - 27 2020 - 4th Annual Palestine Digital Activism Forum
- Hashtag Palestine report found that the Israeli government continues to systematically target Palestinians’ online content. Read more
- Index of Racism found an inciting post against Palestinians every 66 seconds. Read more
- Connection Interrupted detailed the impact of the Israeli control over Palestinian ICT infrastructure. Read more
- Six hundred activists, experts and policy makers participate in panels and workshops the Palestine Digital Activism Forum across historic Palestine. Read more
- Subject matter expert roundtable about PayPal and Palestine. Read more
- Called for governments, surveillance tech and social media companies to comply with human rights law at the United Nations Human Rights Council. Read more
- Organized several panels at Access Now’s RightsCon, the largest digital rights conference, with over 3000 attendees this year. Read more
- Speaking at the Institute De Monde Arabe. Read more
- Engagement with the World Media Forum. Read more
- Participation in Folkemoedet. See on Facebook
- Digital Security Training of Trainers for 15 trainers in Ramallah. Read more
- Over fifty Digital Security and Gender Based Violence Online Workshops throughout historic Palestine.
- Second Digital Storytelling workshop held in Ramallah. Read more