7amleh - The Arab Center for the Advancement of Social Media is looking for an experienced and dynamic Advocacy Officer to lead its advocacy efforts in the EU zone.
EU Advocacy Officer
- Initiate and coordinate efforts to increase the awareness of 7amleh’s work in Europe.
- Develop and maintain a network of EU-based partnerships and networks (online and offline).
- Coordinate 7amleh’s campaigns and advocacy efforts with the EU.
- Take the lead in coordinating advocacy activities in the EU for Palestinian digital rights campaigns.
- Organizing and participating in symposiums and webinars on behalf of 7amleh.
- Actively work with the media and programs team to promote 7amleh visibility via EU - based media.
- Continuously produce publications that highlight and explain 7amleh successes and contributions to target audiences, stakeholders, and partners in accordance with 7amleh guidelines.
- Write up detailed reports, articles, news items, presentations, or other documents as required by 7amleh for information, publication, and advocacy purposes.
- Provide support to increase engagement with our campaigns.
- Liaise with EU stakeholders and regularly inform them of policy changes, and Palestinian digital rights violations.
- Establish connections with and engage social media company representatives and policy-makers to pursue policy changes that protect Palestinian digital rights.
- Engage in public speaking, writing, and media, lifting up the work of 7amleh.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
- Previous experience working with human rights NGOs (preferably with a focus on Palestine).
- Minimum 4 years of experience with advocacy programs.
- Knowledge of human rights and a deep understanding of the Palestinian context.
- Experience in advocacy and policy spaces (preferably in digital policies).
- Preferred knowledge of digital rights and the impact of technology on human rights.
- Knowledge of the historical and current political and human rights context in Palestine.
- Experience in adapting communication tools for international target groups.
- Experience in planning and conducting advocacy campaigns with coalitions and networks.
- Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills, and willingness to speak publicly and do media interviews on Palestinian digital rights.
- Native English, competency in French/ Spanish preferred.
- Experience in researching and writing (reports, policy briefs etc.).
Remotely from Europe, preferably with easy access to Brussels.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following documents before 22 November 2023 to Jobs@7amleh.org, with the subject line “EU Advocacy Officer”:
- CV and cover letter outlining your specific interest and suitability for this role
-A professional writing sample (maximum 2-3 pages)
-Preferably send a previous campaign that you have worked on.
Only suitable candidates will be invited to an interview.
To learn more about 7amleh visit: www.7amleh.org
Stay up to date with our latest activities, news, and publications