7amleh - The Arab Center for the Advancement of Social Media
Is looking for
EU Policy Consultant
7amleh - The Arab Center for the Advancement of Social Media is looking for an experienced and dynamic Policy Consultant to lead its advocacy efforts in the EU zone.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Initiate and coordinate efforts to increase the awareness of 7amleh’s work in Europe.
- Develop and maintain a network of EU-based partnerships and networks (online and offline).
- Coordinate 7amleh’s campaigns and advocacy efforts with the EU.
- Take the lead in coordinating advocacy activities in the EU for Palestinian digital rights campaigns.
- Organizing and participating in symposiums and webinars on behalf of 7amleh.
- Actively work with the media and programs team to promote 7amleh visibility via EU - based media.
- Continuously produce publications that highlight and explain 7amleh successes and contributions to target audiences, stakeholders, and partners in accordance with 7amleh guidelines.
- Write up detailed reports, articles, news items, presentations, or other documents as required by 7amleh for information, publication, and advocacy purposes.
- Provide support to increase engagement with our campaigns.
- Liaise with EU stakeholders and regularly inform them of policy changes, and Palestinian digital rights violations.
- Establish connections with and engage social media company representatives and policy-makers to pursue policy changes that protect Palestinian digital rights.
- Engage in public speaking, writing, and media, lifting up the work of 7amleh.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
Previous experience working with human rights NGOs (preferably with a focus on Palestine)
Minimum 4 years of experience with advocacy programs
Knowledge of human rights and a deep understanding of the Palestinian context
Experience in advocacy and policy spaces (preferably in digital policies)
Preferred knowledge of digital rights and the impact of technology on human rights
Knowledge of the historical and current political and human rights context in Palestine.
Experience in adapting communication tools for international target groups.
Experience in planning and conducting advocacy campaigns with coalitions and networks.
Excellent written and oral communication and networking skills, and willingness to speak publicly and do media interviews on Palestinian digital rights.
Native English, competency in French/ Spanish preferred
Experience in researching and writing (reports, policy briefs etc.)
Europe \ Palestine.
HOW TO APPLY :
Please submit the following documents before the 30th of May 2022 (extended ) to Jobs@7amleh.org
- CV and cover letter outlining your specific interest and suitability for this role
-A professional writing sample (maximum 2-3 pages)
-Preferably send a previous campaign that you have worked on.
Only suitable candidates will be invited to an interview.
To learn more about 7amleh visit: www.7amleh.org
Stay up to date with our latest activities, news, and publications